Arctic Family Circle
Whether you are giving birth at a hospital, home or birth center, we believe that birth outcomes are improved by replacing fear with knowledge of your health and trust in your body. Learn how to have a happy pregnancy, birth, and post-partum and give your family the best possible start.
Every Wednesday from 10:00-11:30 at the birth center, we have our prenatal education group (Arctic Family circle). These classes are open to all women, whether in our care or not. There are 6 different sessions:
- Nutrition and Exercise for a healthy mom and growing baby
- Discomforts in early pregnancy and maintaining Intimacy
- What’s a Doula for? and how to stay Relaxed during birth
- Managing 3rd trimester Aches and preparing your Body for birth
- Childbirth coping strategies and Birth Plans
- Caring for a Newborn and yourself post-partum, Breastfeeding basics
Free to clients currently being seen for prenatal care at AFH&BC
All other participants, $100 for the series or $20 per class.
Groups are offered on a rotating basis and can be viewed on our website calendar. Please call the clinic to reserve your spot. The sessions are led by the midwives of AFH&BC and local experts.