Prepare yourself and your baby for the best possible breastfeeding experience! You’ll be introduced to breastfeeding basics in a group session led by a registered nurse. We recommend that all first-time breastfeeding mothers take this class.
When is it? 4th Tuesday of every month,
Who should go? All first-time mothers (especially last trimester parents) and anyone who wants to learn more
Where is it? Tanana Valley Clinic , sponsored by Fairbanks Regional Public Health Center
Led by: Joanne Spears, RN, IBCLC, RLC – Lactation Consultant
Breastfeeding Class Basics
- Advantages of breastfeeding for mother and baby
- Establishing your milk supply
- Correct latch and nursing positions
- Breast infections or plugged ducts
- Breastfeeding and weight loss
- Breastfeeding and birth control
- Pumping and storing of breast milk
- and more!
Note: Please make other arrangements for your children so you can get the most out of the class.
To RSVP for class, call the instructor and leave a voice message at (907) 451-1629.