Whether you deliver your baby at the birth center or at home, your midwife visits you within 24 hours to follow-up on how you are recovering and check on how your newborn is adjusting to his or her new environment.
Home visits especially for you and baby
A home visit within 24 hours after childbirth supports your recovery and breastfeeding efforts.
During this home visit, your midwife:
- assesses how you and your baby are doing overall
- ensures your baby is nursing properly
- determines if you need extra assistance or support with your recovery and/or breastfeeding
- performs metabolic screening (mandated by law)
- schedules appointments with lactation consultants or doctors (if needed)
- offers additional home visits as needed
Our objective is to assure you that you have all the support and assistance you need to recover and properly care for your baby.