Vanessa Jackson has been a midwife at Alaska Family Health & Birth Center (AFH&BC) since 2002.
Vanessa says, “It’s an honor working with families and getting to be a part of the couples’ greatest achievements!” She believes that her role as a midwife is to provide a balance of care and empowerment to women in preparation of motherhood.
She also enjoys helping women see the fullness of the role of mother, beginning around the time of conception. She teaches you how to do the best for your baby during pregnancy and birth, to ensure the most positive lifelong effects for him or her.
Vanessa is married and has 3 children, all born out of the hospital with midwives.
- Apprenticed with Suzanne Rich from 1993-1995
- Worked as a birth assistant from 1996-2000
- Apprenticed with AFH&BC from 2002-2003
- Alaska Board Certified Direct-entry Midwife (CDM), since 2003
- Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) through the North American Registry of Midwives, since 2003
- Current Ongoing Certifications: CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, IV and Medications.
- Approved Midwifery Preceptor in Alaska, since 2005