Kelly Sicoli is a Certified Nurse Midwife and Advanced Nurse Practitioner. She is honored to have joined the midwives at Alaska Family Health & Birth Center in providing holistic and best-evidence maternity care for women and families in Fairbanks & Interior Alaska.
In addition to supporting women throughout pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, Kelly is pleased to offer well-woman gynecology care, annual exams, birth control options, as well as preconception counseling and fertility consults.
Kelly’s husband Mark is an anthropology professor at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and they met while traveling in Southern Mexico. Their young son Silvio was born at home with the help of midwives, an experience which deeply transformed Kelly’s understanding of labor, birth, and the birthing woman. She appreciates her mother sharing the stories of her own natural births many years ago – and the subtle influence this played on Kelly’s life path.
In her free time, Kelly enjoys hiking and skiing with her family, yoga, Latin dance and music (especially the local band Candela), and exploring the beauty of Alaska.
Education & Experience
- Master of Science in Nursing (Nurse-Midwifery), Frontier Nursing University (2008-2011)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Virginia (1999-2004)
- Community Herbalist Program, Sacred Plant Traditions (2005-2007)
- Currently enrolled in Herbal Medicine for Women Certification Program with Aviva Romm
- Labor & Delivery Nurse: Holy Family Birth Center, Weslaco, TX (2004-2005); Martha Jefferson Hospital, Charlottesville, VA (2005-2007)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), American Midwifery Certification Board
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP), specialty Nurse-Midwife, State of Alaska Board of Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN), State of Alaska Board of Nursing
- Current Ongoing Certifications: CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Fetal Heart Monitoring
- Habla español