Cori says, “I love serving women in my community and working with families. I enjoy seeing women empowered by the birthing process. I have faith in natural birth and love facilitating and witnessing the bonding between newborn baby, mother and family.”
In the winter Cori enjoys dog mushing, ski-joring, and reading about birth, women’s health and natural medicine, and spending time with close friends and family. In the warmer months Cori enjoys gardening, harvesting food, fishing, camping, hiking, picking berries, swimming and biking. She has traveled throughout South and Central America including Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. She speaks fluent Spanish and Portuguese.
- Apprenticed with Maternidad La Luz, in El Paso, TX (MEAC accredited midwifery school and birth clinic that serves mostly Mexican women) and AFH&BC. After finishing the academic portion of her training and most of the clinical experience, Cori finished the clinical apprenticeship in Fairbanks.
- B.A. in Spanish and Education from University of Montana in Missoula, Montana
- Alaska Board Certified Direct-entry Midwife (CDM) since September 2010
- Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) through the North American Registry of Midwives
- Current Ongoing Certifications: CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, IV and Medications.